header_image
Beverley Town Cricket Club

Welcome to Beverley Town Cricket Club

We have four senior men's teams playing Saturday league cricket, Under 18s on Sundays and junior teams at Under 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17 levels. Senior cricketers wanting to play a good standard of league cricket are always most welcome.

YOU CAN FIND UP TO DATE INFORMATION AND NEWS ON FACEBOOK AT https://www.facebook.com/bevtowncricket

https://twitter.com/BeverleyTCC

MORE INFORMATION ON OUTDOOR NETS SOON.......

UNDER 11 OUTDOOR NETS START ON MONDAY 7TH APRIL AT NORWOOD 6PM

UNDER 13S NOW ON THURSDAYS AT NORWOOD 6PM

SOFTBALL BEGINS IN MAY

BTCC shirts etc available here http://bettaembroidery.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=21

YSL Restructure - The 1st XI will continue to play in the York & District Senior Cricket League Premier Division. This division and division 1 are not regionalised. The 2nd XI will play in Division 2 (South) and the 3rd XI will play in Division 4 (East). The 4th XI become part of the new YDSCL Conference and will play in Division 1 (following their second place finish in the EYCA Division 1 in 2013).  

Fixtures for senior teams for 2014 are now available on this website. 

SPONSORSHIP

MANY THANKS TO NEIL MCKENZIE AT MEZA9 WHO HAS RENEWED HIS SPONSORSHIP DEAL FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS. THE CLUB IS EXTREMELY GRATEFUL TO NEIL FOR HIS CONTINUED AND VALUABLE SUPPORT. 


Beverley Town CC Timeline    

  • Cricket recorded as being played in Beverley since the 18th century.
  • Matches were played on Beverley Westwood.
  • Beverley Town Cricket Club began, in its present form, in 1862.
  • The club moved to a ground on Mill Lane in 1884.
  • The club moved to Norwood Park in 1909.
  • The ground used by the military during The Great War 1914-18
  • Beverley's Peace Celebrations were held at Norwood Park in 1919
  • The club started playing league cricket in the 1920s
  • The club was opened to armed forces personnel during World War II
  • Beverley Town Cricket & Recreation Club was formed in 1948.
  • A second pitch was added 1961.
  • BTC&RC became a Registered charity in 1964.
  • The clubhouse was built in 1964.
  • Between 2000 and 2010 the ground was refurbished with upgrades to the pavilion and clubhouse, a new electronic scoreboard, and a three-bay hard net facility
  • 2009 saw major celebrations to mark the centenary of sport at Norwood Park
  • 2012 saw the 150th anniversary of the club marked by a number of celebratory events.